The Children's University of Manchester presents an excellent opportunity for The University of Manchester to share, with the wider community, and particularly primary schools, the excitement of the knowledge created through its pioneering research activities and teaching and learning practices.
Resources include online interactive learning materials for use on whiteboards or PCs; video clips which will bring the University to your desktop; downloadable resources and educational games. Content will be aligned with, and complement existing Key Stage 2 web-based learning resources.
- To make The University of Manchester the UK's most accessible and welcoming research-intensive university.
- To share the knowledge and expertise of The University of Manchester with the wider community and particularly primary schools.
- To raise awareness of the benefits and opportunities that higher education can bring, particularly for students from traditionally unrepresented sections of society.
- To help children identify and achieve their future goals.
- To provide opportunities for students on the Manchester Leadership Programme to combine formal leadership skills training with community engagement activities.